728x90 AdSpace

Latest News
25 Jun 2017

Boko Haram Releases Alleged Footage of the Policemen Abducted After an Attack on a Convoy in Borno State

The Abubakar Shekau-led Boko Haram faction, have released a footage of the policemen abducted after an attack on a military/police convoy during the week in Borno State.
 
According to an exclusive report by SaharaReporters, Nigerian Islamic terrorist group, Boko Haram, has  released footage of the policemen abducted after an attack on a military/police convoy during the week in Borno State
 
Recall that we had reported on Tueday that the Police command in Borno confirmed the death of two persons in a suspected Boko Haram attack along the Maiduguri-Damboa highway.
 
Damian Chukwu, the Borno Police Commissioner, who confirmed this on Tuesday, said that the dead persons included a police man and a truck driver.

“The convoy had about 200 vehicles among which included an 80-seater bus conveying a newly deployed Mobile Police Unit from Oghara in Delta heading for Askira Uba one of the newly liberated communities.
 
“The convoy also had a burial party of a late Special Investigation Bureau police woman who died last week,” Chukwu said. 
 
  
Chukwu said that non of the policemen lost their weapons to the attackers. He, however, said that a policeman in the vehicle conveying the burial party for the deceased policewoman died during the attack.
 
Some eyewitnesses had told newsmen in Maiduguri that the convoy was ambushed around Dalwa village by suspected terrorists using anti aircraft guns and heavy weapons. 
 
Malam Bala Wambai, a traveller who witnessed the attack, said that the attack happened around 11:30.
 
“The terrorists decided to attacked the convoy from the rear after the military escort had passed around Dalwa.
 
“They specifically targeted a Borno State Government school bus conveying some mobile policemen,” Wambai said. He said a number of police men were injured in the attack which lasted about 30 minutes.
 
“Our vehicle was just few meters away from the bus conveying the police men, so we all ran into the bush for cover. When we came back we discovered that a large number of them were injured while many were missing,” Wambai said.
  • Blogger Comments
  • Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Item Reviewed: Boko Haram Releases Alleged Footage of the Policemen Abducted After an Attack on a Convoy in Borno State Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Link Naija