Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom has approved the construction 12 roads in different parts of the state, nine of which were awarded by the previous administration but abandoned.
The affected contractors have already been mobilised back to site and work has resumed on most of the projects.
A list of the road projects signed by the Commissioner for Works, Transport and Energy, Emmanuel Manger has:
1. Zaki Biam - Afia - Gbeji road 46.52km
2. Taraku - Naka - Agagbe road 61km
3. Oju - Obussa - Utonkon road 52.00km
4. Otukpo - Utonkon - Igumale road 55.61km
5. Oshigbudu - Ogbaji road 10km
6. Igbor - Ikpa - Wannune road 36.732k
7. Vandeikya - Kotiyough - Adikpo road 32.00km
8. Ge - Ikyobo - Agbeede - Amua - Anshagba road 37km
9. Tordonga - Zaki Biam with spur to Tsewuaze - Tiza - Shila road 45.14km
Governor Ortom has also approved the construction of three new roads while the state government executes the road projects which were awarded during the last administration. The new contracts are:
10. Makurdi Outer Ring road (Mobile Police road)
11. Mobile Barracks - Adeke - Welfare Quarters - Yaikyo - Apir road 24km
12. Origbo - Imande - Akpur - Gbajimba road 40. 397km
The Benue State Government is to award new contracts for more roads in the days to come.