Yesterday, September 6, in Edo state, the All Progressives Congress (APC) held a grand finale campaign. President Muhammadu Buhari was at the event in Benin City, Edo state capital to campaign for APC ahead of state governorship election.
He showed his support for the APC governorship candidate, Godwin Obaseki and met with Governor Adams Oshiomole the current governor of the state and his wife, Lady Iara Oshiomole. Here are some quotes from the speech:
1. When speaking on Nigeria’s security problems Buhari with traditional rulers in Edo state He assured the audience that the country was almost out of his various security problems. Nigeria has been beset by security issues from various quarters ranging from Boko Haram to the Fulani herdsmen attacks in many states.
2. He also touched on the economy With the price of foodstuff and other commodities skyrocketing the President assured the people of Edo that the government is working hard to get the country out our economic doldrums.
3. When he spoke on the greatness of Nigeria If Nigeria remains the giant of Africa, is one question that has been in the hearts of the citizens. President Buhari however confidently told the people gathered at the campaign that Nigeria will be great again.
4. When speaking on the APC candidate for the Edo governorship candidate Buhari is greeted by APC leaders as he walks to the stage Godwin Obaseki the Edo governorship candidate is going toe to toe with Ize Iyamu of the PDP for the battle of Edo state. President Buhari endorsed Obaseki, saying he was a good choice.
5. When speaking on the resources of Nigeria
The crowd cheers Buhari as he walks to the stage President Buhari also assured the gathered crowd that the government will work hard to ensure that the resources available will be put to good use. The National anthem was sung as Buhari led other dignitaries out of the venue, waving at the mammoth crowd at the Samuel Ogbemudia stadium in Benin, where the campaign was held.
SEE THE 5 THINGS THAT HAPPENED WHEN BUHARI CAMPAIGNED FOR APC IN EDO STATE (PHOTOS)
Reviewed by Link Naija