In spite of the National Industrial Court order, restraining the Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC) and the Trade Union Congress (TUC) from embarking on their planned strike action over the pump price hike, the labour groups have vowed to go ahead with the nationwide strike billed for Wednesday.
Emerging reports indicated that NLC and TUC will defy the court order and will not discontinue the strike action, which may shut down the nation’s economy.
On the meeting with the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Babachir Lawal, earlier convened with a view to brokering a last minute truce on the matter, Mr. Ozo-Eson said that the meeting was yet to hold at about 7 p.m.on Tuesday.
“There was no resolution yet. We are just going for the meeting now. ,” the NLC scribe said on telephone interview. “We have been meeting on our own on matters that are important to us. It is clear the strike will go ahead as planned,” Mr. Ozo-Eson said.
He however assured that an official statement would be issued on the final position after what might be an all-night meeting.
Meanwhile, the Attorney General and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, had earlier on Tuesday approached the Industrial Court on behalf of federal government to stop the proposed strike by the organized labour.
JUST IN: NLC reject court order, vow to go ahead with strike
Reviewed by Link Naija